Sunday, September 19, 2010

Capt Hari Om Chaudhary

So i cam back from sailing in 2006 and my Bro...Chetan choudhary...he
suggested why don't u try for aviation...well my dad had helped him earlier
for converting his US license...and else also he was very much attached to
me and my dad...
I asked him all the details and procedure ..he also completed his flying
from US in 1996..
wel  then i started searching for school...Through Capt.. Surinder singh"s
classes...I met Capt prashant...
I checked few others but this one suited my budget...and time frame...
Now i started arranging for money...most of my savings from merchant navy
was locked in PPF..which u cannot break till some time frame...
only thing that we had was some 4.5lacs as fixed deposit...due to some good
will with the bank..we could get 7.5lacs..from the bank on that
FD...remaining i tried here and there ..but to no avail...it was really
getting tough for me..finally i dared to ask some of my relatives..and to my
surprise...some of them helped a lot...i owe all to them...

Finally i came to US with ...not even 500dollars with me..can u believe..all
7.5 had gone to the school...
I went to my sis's place first and she could manage to give me 1000
dollars...

when i came to texas...in camden...all the money was paid initially by DJ
..thanks to him...which i gave him back later...But if he wud not have been
there...it wud have been very difficult...i only had some 700-800 dollars
with me...

Anyways ...thanks to god ..flying started well..and all was looking
good...till i started feeling air sick...prashant ..told me if ur not able
to control this..u might have to go back...he suggested me a anti nausea
wrist band...which i bought at 100dollars...it worked well and
Thanks to god..i finished PPL well in time...
the hour building was gr8..I had started connecting with flying...i felt
gr8...
The max that i have flown in a day ...is some 11 hrs..don't quote this....

But nearing completion ...it was getting crazy again...as there was no multi
pilot....u know the stuff...and eventually who had come before me...their
training started and i was stopped...I was under immense pressure..as i had
only one chance to reach back and finish my papers...or else my hours wud
start expiring...
in the meantime...money was a big big problem...though i did not say this to
my mom...but she arranged to send me some money...by putting whatever
jewellery she had...

Anyways all finished and i was on my way back..god's grace again...was able
to do my Class 1 medical and exams right away/...

the wait for results was too too long and i used to get dreams...what if i
fail....anyways again by god's grace i passed...now getting the license was
very very crazy...u knw the DGCA guys...it was just tooo....tough ..i will
send u an extract of that..as i wrote it don when i was in DGCA...

But ,i wud say god has been really very kind on me...all u guys are much
better and gr8 in all aspects...I was very lucky to get a call for jet
written in 20days after my license..and a week after i had cleared all my
tests...it was an awesome feeling...

then for medical..i mean Jet medical...It was a hiccup agn..yhey found some
high bilirubin in my blood..which is called GILBERT'S SYNDROME..it was again
a  stressful week...I was like ...bas aab sab theek kar do...but finally all
well...and started our strenuous endorsement training...it was all gr8 and
good after that...

come mar,2008 we finished our dgca exams and ..now again we waited for 6
months for our SIM slot...my partner was Deepak kalia and one more capt..we
used to sit more than 6 hrs in sim alone...it was a bit stressful...
during these times when i was in delhi ..I met my wud be wife....and i swear
..she has been immensely lucky for me...everything has been falling in
slot...and everything looks and feels gr8...all has been working out well
now,....
thanks to god...

When we were shifted to hyderabad..that time we were feeling ..NO...but all
has been gr8 since...it is really nice out here...
flying has been going gr8...i have started for my ATPL...and all is gr8
now...

flying is so so nice...I never feel tired of flying...I am telling u..it
does not feel like work...privileged to work were u enjoy...

1 comment:

  1. So emotional story brother..U r truly an inspiration..Love you brother

    ReplyDelete